Friday, November 11, 2011

Life and Death

Anaya was on the brink of death twice yesterday.  They call it respiratory arrest.  Like cardiac arrest.  Only in the lungs.  Her lungs stopped moving.

I gave her mouth to mouth.  She needed a lot of help. Her face was white.  Her lips were navy blue, her fingers and toes where blue.  I could have let her go. I asked myself if it was time.  I considered just holding her close.  I didn't.  I went to work with recussitation and I saved her life.
We took her to the closest hospital.  She went blue again.  They asked me if we wanted to let her go.  We didn't.

This time they saved her life.  They inserted a breathing tube to get air in and out of her lungs until she can breath again.  They took an xray immediately.   Her chest xray was awful. Both lungs were completely inflamed and fluid filled.






Immediately we started IV antibiotics and once she had the breathing tube in she could finally get enough air.  She woke up and was bright and alert.  Oh my baby.

In the past 24 hours she has improved dramaticly.  She is instigating her own breaths and her chest x-ray from today is much much better already than yesterday.  There is more air and less fluid in her lungs.  Praise God.   Thank you all for praying for Anaya.  It is working miracles.

They say she should be well enough to come completely off the breathing tube within the next day or two.  I am hoping and praying that she will continue to be the little warrior that she is and that she will breathe  on her own without difficulty once this infection is under control.

I want more than anything to make her final days comfortable and beautiful.  I want her to feel the sun on her sweet cheeks and the breeze in her hair.  I want her to hear the birds and dip her precious baby feet in the ocean for the first time.

I did an interview today about Anaya and about newborn screening.  It will be on KOIN channel 6 at five and I'm hoping it will help to save the lives of babies.  I'm hoping that it will help us find more Angels to get Anaya south for the winter in a well cared for environment.  At this point I don't care how we get there.  I just want what is best for her.  I just want to give her joy.  She deserves it.  She is an Angel of God on earth.  Pure innocent love incarnated.

Anyone who would like to contact me (Anaya's Mama) Can do so by calling 503-383-2314 or emailing maraglow@gmail.com.  I'd really like to hear from Ellen Degeneres or any other philanthropist that would be willing to help us give this wish to our baby girl.  Thank you.

www.healinganaya.com
www.facebook.com/TheAnayaInitiative
www.facebook.com/3500Angels

Write to Ellen about Anaya !
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/respond/?PlugID=10

Ellen ACTUALLY checks her own Tweets!  Maybe you could take a second to tweet her?
She will see your tweets about Anaya if you include @theellenshow in your tweet!

That's all I can muster.  Please God grant us this small thing.
I'm going to cuddle my baby who is ALIVE today and is recovering from this pnuemonia.  My little love.  My precious baby girl.

10 comments:

  1. Thinking of you all and sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Camera,
    Im so sorry for everything that precious little angel has been through.. you know it just really breaks my heart that there isnt more anyone could do to help her get better. I think about Anaya, you, Anayas Daddy and big sister Solara every night as I hold my daughter close. Thank you for posting updates... You are all in my thoughts and prayers and hoping that you can get somewhere warm to keep that angel here with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tweeted Ellen! I hope her kind heart is touched by Anaya's story, you guys deserve it so much!

    Praying for Anaya to stay strong during this time, she is such a little trooper I believe she will make a full recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anaya=Angel. Fight little one, fight! I beliEVE....I hope you get those wishes, it sounds so simple and not much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also want to add to my previous post: Dear God, our Heavenly Father please watch over this precious baby and if you do have to take her, make her completely happy and whole so she can run, laugh, chase butterflies, have the sun on her and smell the wonderful senses you have provided all of us. Please provide comfort for the family of little Anaya. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tweet sent and will continue. Keep fighting you rock star of a little girl. You have love surrounding you and love being sent from every corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been following your story and you sound like such a wonderful, caring mama. Anaya is a lucky girl to have so many loving people in her life. I'll be thinking bright healing thoughts for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Anaya, Anaya's Momma and family. My daughter has kept me posted about your amazing strength and love since her twins were born about the same time. It is a long sweet and terrifying path you are on and my thoughts and prayers for healing, love, and love, and more love are with you and have been with you all the way. Thinking of you all lovingly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. precious baby girl and family. Sending loads of hugs and prayers your way. I am praying for you to get better soon. Please know there are people who are praying and sending warm wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)