Saturday, August 20, 2011

Apple Cider Vinegar Baby

The night was short and beautiful.  I slept well for the first time in ages.  Anaya slept through the night, although I woke a few times to check on her.  She was very congested in her nose.  This morning I started doing research about sinus infections and found out that most of them are caused by mold or fungus.  You can inhale mold/fungus spores and they can get into your sinuses and breed there.

I found a site that talked about drinking apple cider vinegar daily.  This reduces phlem and also provides a more inhospitable body environment for the nasty fungus. (Those of you with recurrent yeast infections take note!) It also talked about oregano oil, citric acid and vitamin C. So I mixed up all of us a morning drink.

(per drink)
2 tablespoons Apple cider Vinegar
1 cup hot water
1 big spoon honey
1 tsp lemon juice
1000 mg Vitamin C
5 drops oregano oil or spirits.

Drink as hot as you can stand it.  Trying to inhale the vapour as you drink it.  It should provide a bit of relief almost immediately, reducing congestion.

Then I rinsed out her nasal passage with buffered saline mixed with a splash of hydrogen peroxide.
Then I gently sucked out her nose with the suction machine (because she cannot blow her nose)

After all that her nose is COMPLETELY clear now.  She is a bit more wet and dealing with secretions but at least she can breathe through her nose!!

If anyone in Nelson can volunteer some time I need some help over the next 6 days with the party and the house.  Please feel free to facebook me. http://facebook.com/camaracassin

Need: Someone to put up posters!
Need: Tent for shelter for Bands
Need: Volunteers to BBQ and set up auction
Need:  Someone to pick up tables from the Hume and take to park.
Need: Personal assistant for the day to help me with Anaya.  Someone who is willing to learn how to suction.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad her nose is clear now! I have a horrible time with my sinuses and am stuffy a lot so I know how yucky it is! I will have to try that concoction - I will try anything :)

    I hope tons of people can help you will the big event! If I could be there and pick, I'd want to take care of Anaya all day long - you may never get her back!

    Love to all of you - still hoping I'll win the lottery so I can come out for the party....just enough to get there and back would be great - ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to put up posters...please call me to set up a meeting time to get them I am coming to Nelson tomorrow and can do it then. 250 357 2347

    ReplyDelete
  3. I WISH WISH WISH I could be there... :(
    I already KNOW how to suction...

    For anyone thinking of volunteering to help with Anaya, but afraid of the suctioning thing... don't be. It's kind of fun. I found it strangely satisfying and not at all frightening, and you can tell Anaya likes it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)