Friday, April 2, 2010

Good friday

Anaya and I are in the Nelson hospital until she recovers from an upper respiratory infection. It could just be a cold but she's having a hard time dealing with the phlem. Any of Anaya's nursing moms who can bring fresh breastmilk to the hospital will be welcomed. There is also a super-duty pump here, if you'd like to visit and pump. Call me at 250-509-0593 to let me know you are coming. Room 201. Brent's at work today. Solara is with her dad, Kristian.


Last night I had the best sleep I've had in weeks. The nurses took turns holding and rocking Anaya. I got to sleep by myself! Sure it was a bit lonely but wow! What a wonderful refreshing experience. I feel years younger!

Anaya is doing a bit better today than yesterday. She pretty much slept all day yesterday and wouldn't open her eyes and make eye contact. She was having a hell of a time breathing through the mucus. I attribute her improvement today to Master Ming, Micheal Smith, and Ali Watt, all of whom came to the hospital last night to share their gifts with Anaya. Ming did qigong, Micheal showed me some acupressure points to open up her lungs, and Ali brought homeopathics (belladonna for fever and pulsatilla for mucus). Her improvement is drastic. She's bright eyed and coughing with more energy. She knows me.

We were given a diagnosis by phone. Anaya is said to be suffering from a leukodystrophy that results from the lack of an enzyme know as galactocerebridase which is necessary for myelin growth.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Anaya is doing better and that you got some much needed sleep. I am here for you too sweetheart so let me know if I can do anything for you both. Love

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried posting a few times and not sure what I am doing wrong so will try once more. I am so happy Anaya is doing better and you finally got some well deserved sleep. I want you to know I am here for you. I will continue to sending healing to you both. Love Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. My offer of care for Solara is always open, Camara.... 229-5749.

    Never feel like you shouldn't call, I know that we've only met once, but I want (and would LOVE to) to help out any way I can!!!

    Love and light to you and your Anaya. The path you are on is lit with all of our love....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to read the comments before they are published. It sometimes takes me a while to get to it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)