Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feb 2, 2011


I have great news! We've rented a sweet little place in Nelson and will begin moving in pretty much right away.

Anaya has had a very good day, after a not-so-awesome night. She was up quite a bit with bad secretion issues. I suctioned her so many times I lost count. I'm really hoping that tonight will be better. Not being able to sleep because Anaya is gurgling loudly and having wet wet breathing is not fun AT ALL. I'm happy to say we noticed less seizure activity today.

I spoke to Dr. Escolar's assistant in N.C about bringing Anaya down. We are making arrangements. I think we will take her there in the last week of february. I have to call the BC medical in the morning to find out if they will cover the cost of the tests that they want to run on her while we are there - and if they will cover any of the other expenses. I should know tomorrow what is going on. You should know that the blog donations now add up to more than $300 in the past 3 days! Thank you so much to the people that help out even a little bit!

I got approved for a cough-assist machine for Anaya. Hopefully it will be shipped here soon. It is basicly a two way ventilator that puts air into the lungs - and then sucks it back out quickly to imitate a cough. It should help her keep her airway clear and make a HUGE difference (I hope). Thank you to Eric in Israel for telling me about it. We will probably use it on her twice a day for 5-10 minutes to get the wetness out of her lungs. I'll know more about it when it gets here.

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of Anaya a lot over the past few days, sending her and your family peaceful, healing vibes. I was glad to read that she had a pretty good day today, and happy to hear that you found a suitable home in Nelson :)
    I can't afford much to help with your trip to NC/the move, but I will put in what I can.
    Stay strong beautiful mama!
    -vija

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo. That's all I have to say today - just peace and love with your daughter, it's a beautiful moment and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo happy to hear all is going well!! Keeping you all in our thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Camara!..The princess looks great... a kiss for both...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)