Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19, 2010


Today was a much better day.

Anaya slept well last night and only needed to be suctioned once. It so happened that she threw up a little bit before bed and the residue made her throat gurgly and gross. It makes her uncomfortable. I put a bit of water in her mouth and sucked it out with the suction to help her get rid of the unpleasant taste. No one likes the taste of vomit.

Once we got that under control we slept great.

Today was both productive and beautiful. Anaya enjoyed a great day with Joanne while I worked away at my various projects both work and family related.

This picture is of Anaya before her walk all snuggled up in layers of blankies with her bear hat on.

She loves her walks.

Still no word from Fed-Ex. Although I did hear back from Greyhound. They have cancelled their charitable program all together. Rough. company must be having hard times.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Camara,
    I just came upon this blog and I wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts. My daughter is 20 months old. I stopped pumping about 4 months ago, I wish I had known your story then, I would have loved to donate. I hope Anaya stays healthy for a long, long time! Take care. Maia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a peaceful picture. I'm glad you both had a better sleep.
    Too bad about Greyhound but I hope FedEx steps up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend posted a link to your blog on her Facebook page. Your story is both heart-breaking & inspiring. I feel lucky to have a glimpse into your life with Anaya. I weaned a couple of months ago & I'm not sure I could get the milk back up. I too hope FedEx steps up! Thinking of you & your family with admiration & love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend of mine posted your blog link on her facebook page a few weeks ago and ever since I have been following your journey.
    I hope the FedEx details work out for you guys... thanks for keeping us all up to date on that beautiful little girl of yours that has worked her way into my families hearts.
    Many blessings and prayers.
    Oliver, Tracey and Winsome.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)