Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stone of Courage and Love of Life


I took this picture today as we were leaving the beach.  If you look to the right of the tree you can see Mike holding Kate.  (Carey's husband and daughter).

I'm so excited that I'm going to have to MAKE myself go to bed tonight.

Tomorrow is my first day in the office at my new job.  I've been getting lots of "signs" that things are proceeding in the right direction.  Today I was walking on the beach with my friend Carey Steacy and both of our families.  We were checking out sea shells, rocks, dead crabs etc.  We watched as our children scrabbled across the beach, exploring in wonder.  Laughing out loud, running through the sand in the twilight of a Canadian winter afternoon. Kate, Carey's daughter, toddled along through the sand, trying to run, falling several time...wandering around so full of life.  I admired her beauty and found joy in the presence of her pure little curious soul.  Solara too, was full of life, running around with her friend, anxious to show me each rock, each shell.

I proposed we have a treasure hunt to find our very own beach treasure!  I did not imagine that I would find something so fitting and so perfect to fit my needs right now.  It was destiny for sure.

I found a piece of clear(ish) bright orange Carnelian.  It is a gemstone that is not common on our beaches here in Vancouver Canada.  It's super pretty.  It looked like a piece of Orange Candy on the ground.  I thought that it looked very vibrant and decided to pick it up.  It felt slippery and cold all at once.  More slippery than glass.  Slippery like wet ice.  When we got home I looked it up and found out that it is the stone of my astrological sign (Virgo) and that it is a power and courage stone.  Here is an excerpt:

A stabilising stone, Carnelian restores vitality and motivation, and stimulates creativity.  It gives courage, promotes positive life choices, dispels apathy and motivates for success.  Carnelian is useful for overcoming abuse of any kind.  It helps in trusting yourself and your perceptions.  It overcomes negative conditioning and encourages steadfastness.  Carnelian improves analytic abilities and clarifies perception.  It sharpens concentration and dispels mental lethargy.  Protects against envy, rage and resentment.  Calms anger, banishes emotional negativity and replaces it with a love of life.  Carnelian boosts fertility and stimulates sexuality. - http://www.charmsoflight.com/carnelian-healing-properties.html

Now I don't really need boosted fertility at the moment but the rest sure fits!  
I saw so much beauty today.  Anaya was with me all day long.  It my heart, in the ocean, the sky, the sun, the clouds, the flying birds...everywhere.  She is one with everything.  My heart sings with love for her and all of creation.

Goodnight!  FundRazr office tommorow! (I get to take the train to work for the first time! EEEEE!)
Please check out my new work Facebook page and my work blog if you are interested in what I do and what I write.  I'm excited to be helping people and doing something I'm good at.  

2 comments:

  1. too cool all the things Anaya is showing you. I believe. enjoy your new job mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gave me goosebumps.. Amazing! Camara, you are my Carnelian... just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)