Monday, June 27, 2011

Elaina


A girl with Leukodystrophy that I grew to love through our online leukodystrophy group passed away on Friday morning. Elaina's mom Gabi was always posting quotes about how being the mother of a special needs child made her a better, stronger, deeper human being. They always made my day.
I dedicate this one I wrote for Anaya to Elaina:

I am the mother of a child with special needs.
Everyday I see life through the eyes of blind,
the unmoving and the mute. Everyday I experience
more of life than most people with five senses.
Every day she loves me is worth a lifetime of experiences.
I wouldn't trade her for a healthy child
Because she is exactly what I needed
She is my teacher in this life
My child with special needs.

So much love to Gabi and Family.
There is a Balloon Release for Elaina on Saturday at 3pm Eastern time. Anaya and I will be sending something special up for Miss Elaina. The girl with the beautiful smile and the incredible hair!

10 comments:

  1. oh my. Camara you have expressed it so well in words. We could all learn from your little teacher. And we do, thank you for sharing her life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. god rest her beautiful little soul :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I am planning a walk in Middle Tn. to raise awareness of the leukodystrophies and more extensive newborn testing. Probably be in the Spring of next year. So many people have no clue why their babies feet are pricked in the hospital or what they are and AREN'T tested for. We have to get the word out. It is all I can think of. I have a picture of your Anaya that I keep by my bed and pray for her every night. I know you are blessed by her. But know that God knew that you were the perfect Mother for such an angel. I admire you so much for your strength, your weakness(at times), your constant and unconditional dedication and love for your children. All children should be so lucky. I wish I could help you; all I can do is pray. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post for a beautiful little girl from a beautiful soul. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think my last comment went through. I wanted to say I'm sorry to hear Elaina. You give strength to other moms with special needs kids for all you do and posting about your life and others. It makes me appreciate my son (also special needs) each day because I don't have the hard work ahead of me like you do and feel blessed for him. Does that make sense? It's early lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful girl. Much love to her family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart goes out to Gabi & her family. Heaven's gained a beautiful angel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for her loss, but am so happy she came into yours and her parents lives. Rest Peacefully Miss Elaina

    ReplyDelete
  9. May God be with you in your time of need.. and I am truly sorry for your loss. I'm sorry to hear about Elaina.. there was this little part in me that really was holding out that she'd pull through. Please be strong.. we're all praying for you and your family.
    with love,
    Heather and Simone

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)