Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 12, 2010

Anaya is sick. She came down with a cold over the past two days. She's needed increased suctioning all the time and especially at night. Last night there was a snowstorm and the power went out. At 4 am my suction machines low battery light came on. I decided we needed to go to the hospital. We all got up and left the house and drove to Nelson through the darkness and blowing snow. It was slow going but when we arrived we were given an emergency bed right away.

Now we have been admitted and given a room. Anaya is on antibiotics to hopefully prevent this cold from becoming pnemonia. I'm hoping being here will be good tonight. I could really use some sleep- it would be great if the nurses can care for her and let me sleep through the night. My little love is sleeping a lot today. Poor thing is so sick. Her breathing is so wet. It just makes me want to clear my throat and cough - as if I could will her to copy me. She only coughs when she's choking. It's a reflex. She can't make herself cough on purpose. It sucks to watch. I just feel so helpless.

7 comments:

  1. Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that Anaya is sick. I will hope/pray for a speedy recovery and that you get some well deserved rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been scary driving to hospital in the dark and snow with little Anaya breathing badly...keep an eye on her in the hospital, very little respite possible from my experience...
    Now that she has the gtube you could consider getting her on the oregano oil. When and if you want details just mail me Camara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Camara, we send you all love and strength. We hope you hv also managed to get some sleep. Our prayers are with you. Sarah, Richard and Nathaniel xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful for Anaya to be sick and not able to cough or clear her throat. It must be awful for her Mamma to watch. :-(

    I hope the antibiotics work quickly and get her better soon! Sending healing thoughts to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do rub oregano oil on her feet...should I give her some internally?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story first came to me through the blog Dana Pugh. I just want to say how lucky I think your Beautiful little girl is to have you for her Mother.I know you give her the love and strength she needs to fight for survival and life everyday. From a parents perspective waking up to the face of your child is a miracle we are thankful for every day. As much as it warms your heart to see her face I am sure her heart flutters with joy each and every time time she looks up and sees you. My thoughts and prayers are with you, may she be home in her own bed surrounded by all that she loves soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still thinking of you guys. We hope Anaya is doing much better. With love from Sarah, Richard and Nathaniel xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)