Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday April 11, 2010

Anaya's been struggling with this respiratory infection all week. It has been incredibly draining as she needs even more care than usual. It has been difficult to find time to blog but I wanted to update you on her condition.

We have her on clindamycin, an antibiotic, because her cold seems to have moved into her lungs. She's also getting ventolin to help her bronchi dialate in her lungs. I can't wait for this sickness to go away. Her condition is already enough of a challenge by itself- respiratory problems really make it even more of a challenge.

This week I have learned 2 things. 1)How to insert a feeding tube and 2) How to suction mucus out of a baby's throat. I have now done both... I feel less helpless with this knowledge. I am able to help her - whether or not a nurse is here.

Since our Procter hall event we have had friends and neighbors helping us by bringing dinner for our family every day. This is especially awesome on the days that Brent is working. My stress level is incredibly reduced by this. We are so grateful and we want to express our gratitude. Thank You so much!

Anaya is still very aware of her surroundings and appears to know my scent. I left her with Penny and Veronica for a few hours and they used clothing with my scent to calm her. I'm glad that it worked.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the gifts of your Presence, Anaya and Camara. I have some potential insight supportive of Anaya's healing miracle, Camara, and would love to share it with you. My number is 229-2355; please call if your beautiful heart feels pulled towards this light.

    Blessed Be, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)