Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Feb 22, 2010



Today was a busy day for Anaya and I. A nurse came to the house this morning to talk about getting Anaya extended health benefits under the "At Home" program. Her name is Nicole and she was very nice and also quite thorough. We may be able to get some help in the home with things that Anaya needs and chores that I am falling behind in. It can be a daunting and depressing conversation to talk about Anaya's condition from a conventional clinical viewpoint.

I do my best to stay strong and positive in each moment. I believe that Anaya has the ability to heal. I don't look at her as a dying child. I look at her as a sick baby that is on a journey of healing. I will continue to do everything I can to help her get better. I continue to do research, one handed as I hold her, to find therapies that may help.

The picture above is one of the MRI images of Anaya's cerebellum. Click to enlarge. The light colored butterfly wing shapes are the areas that need our love and prayers - in addition to the rest of her brain where the condition is not as prevalent. If you dont mind - please take a moment and envision that the butterfly isn't there- that there is only solid gray color. We hope to see improvement in her next MRI and then you will be able to see how your thoughts and prayers have helped.

Our family made a new friend today. Her name is Penny and she has offered to be a support in helping us with Anaya's care. I was able to spend 20 minutes alone with my older daughter while Penny and Brent watched Anaya. It was great. Thank you Penny for your help. I'm so glad to have your frienship and support. Thank you also to Shelann who picked up a few things in town for me today. It is really great when people offer to help - as we sure need it now.

If you or anyone you know has an idea that may help Anaya heal please don't hesitate to let us know. We are very open minded and determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment and send your LOVE!

:)